Delivery/shipping of products (see article 8 of our Terms and Conditions)
- Our scope is to ensure the absolute satisfaction of the User in order for you to enjoy our products at excellent condition. For the utmost freshness and quality, all of our products are dispatched on an immediate delivery service with gel ice packs and thermo-insulated packaging keeping items perfectly chilled for up to 48 hours. Please, place the product to the fridge as soon as possible after you took delivery thereof, after removing the thermos-insulating package. Once it is opened, the product must be consumed up to 1-2 days. The expiry date is written in the package.
- Time, Means, Place of Receipt/Delivery: The delivery time of your order is determined upon finalization and confirmation of the order. The ordered products are shipped to the place of destination that you have indicated, during the submission of your order, under the following terms.
- The shipment of products (except for shipment to Attica district, Greece) will be carried out by the American express courier company “United Parcel Services” (UPS) or by a transportation company. THECAVIARHOUSE and its contractors take all necessary measures to ensure the timely delivery of the order to the buyer/User or the third-party who has been indicated as the consignee of the product (see below under section c) within the framework of the basic delivery schedule of UPS or the cooperating transportation company. We cannot guarantee neither the arrival time nor the exact delivery time of the ordered goods, as it depends entirely on UPS or the transportation company. THECAVIERHOUSE cannot be liable for any delays caused by force majeure or unforseeable events or events beyond its control. In case of any delay attributed to itself, THECAVIERHOUSE shall make best efforts to contact with you. The transportation cost is defined each time by the pricing policy of UPS or the transportation company, which are exclusively responsible for the charges on shipping and which may alter the relevant prices at any time. THECAVIARHOUSE is not liable for any such pricing change.
- Delivery of products within Attica district, Greece shall be carried out by transport means of THE CAVIARHOUSE. THE CAVIARHOUSE takes all necessary measures to ensure the timely delivery of the order to the buyer/User or the third-party consignee appointed by the buyer/User (see below under section c) within the framework of its basic delivery schedule. THE CAVIARHOUSE cannot be liable for any delays caused by force majeure or unforeseeable events or events beyond its control. In case of any delay, THECAVIERHOUSE shall make best efforts to contact with you.
- Gifts orders: You can also order products in gift package and send them to any recipient you wish within the European Union, simply by filling out the recipient's address and information into the special form you will find on the Website in order for the product is delivered directly to him/her. You may also place on order, appointing many recipients and in several destinations within the European Union, with no limitation. When sending gift parcels to other recipients, make sure the recipient can receive gift parcels and that, generally, the gift will not be considered undesirable for any reason, nor will it be rejected upon delivery.
- We make best efforts to send the ordered products as soon as possible, in accordance with to the terms 6.4 and 6.6. above. Due to the nature of the product it is important that it reaches the receiver latest 48 hours after being dispatched to the express courier (UPS) or the transportation company. Please note that the deliveries by UPS are made solely during on the working days (Monday- Friday, with the exception of official public holidays) according to their shipping policy. In case you wish to take delivery of the product beyond such days, you are kindly requested to contact us in order to check your request, with full reservation as to the quality of the product and the terms and conditions set out in article 6.9 section (a) above, and with extra shipping charges.
- Due to the sensitive nature of the products, the buyer/User has to ensure that the ordered products will be received in any case by him/her or the receiver who has been appointed by the User or any third party which will be indicated by any of the User/final receiver, in case of an urgent absence or impediment. For this purpose, the buyer/User or the final receiver of the products have to check the transit status of the shipping products through the tracking number of UPS, provided under article 6.7 above, to immediately communicate with UPS (for shipment within EU) or with THECAVIARHOUSE (for shipment within Greece) for every issue attributed to the receiver (eg. unexpected impediment, appointment of a third-party which will receive the products on their behalf etc.) and to take all necessary measures in general in order to ensure the timely and safe receipt of the products in accordance with the present terms.
- With the reservation of any special charges for the transportation and delivery of any product, which will be expressly referred to into the Website, the general pricing policy is the following:
i) For the shipping of products within the European Union (other than Greece), effected by UPS, the shipping cost is €30 and it will be included in your order at checkout. Extra charges may be required, according to the pricing policy of UPS, for orders delivered in less accessible destinations. Such extra charges depend on the weight of each order and are calculated according to the pricing policy of the transportation company. In such case, the Customer Service Department will inform you on these extra charges, before the finalization of your order.
ii) For shipping within Attica prefecture, Greece, effected by our transportation means, delivery is free of charge. We do not ship to the rest of Greece, unless there is a prior communication and request thereon with our Customer Service Department. During such communication you will be informed for the shipping and deliver costs, which are borne by the buyer/User and are paid before the finalization of the order. The shipment of the products in such areas is effected by transport company [see in detail under article 8.2 (a) above].
iii) For deliveries outside the European Union, kindly contact with Customer Service Department through the Contact section. In case you are resident in a country outside the European Union and wish that products are delivered within a European Union, your order will be processed as a usual matter, without any special contact.
The shipment costs in countries beyond the European Union (see also below under term 8.4) will be notified to the User by THECAVIARHOUSE and will be paid by the User before the finalization of the order.
Please note that all the above prices are subject to change at any time.
9. Free shipping:
i) Free shipping for deliveries within the European Union applies only to orders over €300 (including VAT) and for deliveries within Attica prefecture, Greece. Free shipping excludes deliveries to “inaccessible destinations” and hard-to-reach regions within the European Union, where there will be an additional “inaccessible destination fee” as determined by our courier provider (UPS), including the island and inaccessible destinations in Greece (see in detail in term 8.2 above). Please contact us if you need any clarification.
ii) This service is NOT applicable to deliveries to countries outside the European Union (EU).
10. i) Products delivered outside the European Union (EU) may be subject to custom clearance and relevant fees; they may also bear extra charges ad costs imposed by each national leglislation. THE CAVIARHOUSE cannot be held liable for any such costs. We cannot know in advance what these charges may be; on the contrary, the consumer is in a better position to have knowledge or be aware of them or, at least, of the possibility that such charges exist; for this reason, we recommend that you check this possibility before placing an order on our website.
ii) Each country has its own customs policy, so you should first contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, please bear in mind that by ordering from the Website, you are considered as the importer of the products to the country of destination and therefore you should comply with observe all laws and regulations of the country where the goods are received.
iii) If the ordered product is not available due to force majeure or unforeseeable reasons for more than 30 days (after the order confirmation), such as (but not limited to) production shortages, our customer service department will contact with the User to solve the problem. First, the same product or a product with a different trade name or a product from a different category or a substitute product will be suggested to the User. If the User does not agree to proceed to another purchase, a full and interest-free refund will be offered to the User within 30 days. The refund will be made to the bank account to be indicated by the User in written form, by email message which will be sent to THECAVIARHOUSE from the email address indicated by the User upon the placement of the order thereof.
For more information about Shipping and Deliveries please refer to section 8 of our Terms and Conditions policy.